This post is all about graduation party food ideas. We may earn commissions on links used in this post. Read our affiliate disclaimer for more info.
The saying goes, “A party is only as good as the food there,” right?
You’ve spent all that time planning your graduation party decor and your outfit and now it’s time to think about the food!
But we’re not going to tell you just to throw some burgers on or get an adorably decorated cake from your favorite bakery.
Here are some DIY graduation party food ideas that you can do that will not only taste amazing but have everyone wondering if you actually went to culinary school.
Graduation Party Food Ideas
1. S’mores Bar
- OUTDOOR FUN BROUGHT INDOORS - Bring s'more fun indoors and roast marshmallows to perfection over the tabletop electric flameless heater.
- ELECTRIC FLAMELESS HEATER - Forget the hassle of cutting wood and open flames, this unit is built with safety in mind. The electric flameless heater requires nothing but an electrical outlet to start making perfect golden brown s'mores.
- LAZY SUSAN COMPARTMENT TRAYS - 4 lazy susan compartment trays spin to make it easy to hold and share all of your s'mores ingredients.
- ROASTING FORKS - Includes 4 stainless steel roasting forks to make s'mores with friends and keep hands a safe distance from the heater.
- DURABLE & EASY-CLEAN - Durable stainless steel base with easy-to-disassemble trays makes this an easy-to-clean s'mores maker.
Who doesn’t love s’mores? If you’re hosting an outdoor grad party, these are sure to set fire to things even more!
- Clear Heavy Weight Plastic
- Dimensions: Width at the top: 2.8", Width at the bottom: 1.75", Height: 2.8", Capacity: 6.8oz
- Zappy Cubes are perfect for desserts, appetizers, dips, cut up fruit, snacks and more
- BPA FREE -- Reusable, or Disposable and Recyclable
- Perfect for catered presentations, weddings, bridal and baby showers, birthdays, classic candy buffets, tasting and sampling parties, dessert tables and more
Did you just graduate with a degree in health and nutrition? Well, if you want to opt for a healthier choice, create these little cups of salad and a syringe of dressing!
3. Root Beer Float Bar
- THE BEER STEIN YOU NEED: Classic, no-frills style for true beer connoisseurs …and milkshake lovers! If beer is not your thing, these are wonderful for holding root beer floats or even lemonade!
- HEAVY BOTTOMS AND HANDLES: The thick, heavy duty bottoms and handles resist tipping for fewer spills. Relax in front of the television or at a party with friends with one of these mugs in your hand.
- HOLDS 16 OUNCES: Each of the 4 mugs in this set holds up one pint of beer or other icy cold beverage. A set would make a wonderful gift for a newlywed couple or other beer fanatic in your life.
- THICK GLASS CONSTRUCTION: Great for freezing to keep your beverages frosty. Keep one in the freezer at all times so it is ready to go when you are!
- A GREAT GIFT IDEA: Lily's Home makes a wide array of products for every home and garden lover. Whether you're looking for a perfect gift to spruce up your friend's garden, or if you need a housewarming present, Lily's Home has something for everyone!
Now that we skipped that healthy stuff, give your guests a flashback to their youth with a root beer float bar. You might even feel a little nostalgia yourself!
4. Waffle Bar / Brunch
Ooo – you fancy, huh? If you’re going for a more non-traditional graduation party, go for a whole smattering of brunch food and make sure you have toppings for waffles!
5. Charcuterie Board
- ORGANIC BAMBOO cheese board includes slideout drawer with various slicing, spreading & serving knives set, it elegantly designed two round slot, which keeps the ramekin securely in place. two white 1.85"h ceramic bowl additionally gives extra features to serve sauces, nuts, olives and condiments. it has drip premium grooves that hold crackers, breads, dried meats and chips.
- DRAWER Seamlessly pull out from the cheeseboard, it has slotted drawer storage block with accessories holder which is simply stunning and perfect to hold serving utensils and spreaders inside.stainless-steel blades comes with easy grip bamboo handle. it's non-slippery pads prevent from moving the charcuterie boards while opening the drawer or cutting cheese
- ALL-NATURAL, ECO-FRIENDLY each of our modern wooden organic cheese boards and serving fork, tools are crafted with food safe, 100% quality bamboo. this makes them better for every food prep need from slicing cheese, chopping fruit, serve up appetizers,snack or making bread. it also works great as cheese plate set or wooden cheese serving set and can be used in any travel to the beach for a picnic. use the wide blade knife for thinly cutting hard cheese like asiago or parmesan.
- BETTER FOOD PRESENTATION: our handmade bamboo wood cheese boards and knife set has conveniently edged kit for presenting crackers and breads. elegant grain finish and warm bambu color make it simply amazing. we happy to offer lifetime warranty if you do not love this product for any reason we will refund you your entire purchase. also be sure to pick up our large slate cheese cutting board set with knives set.
- FANCY GIFT ideas for client, men, wife, wedding couple, engagement, friendship, mommy, mother's day, teacher husband, dad, father's day, bridal shower, groom, hostess, son, daughter, housewarming gifts for new home, birthday presents, anniversary, entertaining, thanksgiving, christmas holiday gifts. it's awesome presentation piece for family gatherings, wine parties & more. it surely go beyond your expectations. it's very practical, beautiful, useful & complete cheese party essentials tray.
Since you graduated, you’re practically a full-fledged adult who has their life together right? Show off your newfound adulthood by creating your first charcuterie board!
6. Diploma Cookies
You’re feeling generous and want everyone to feel what it’s like to have a diploma in their hands! But their custom diplomas are plenty tastier than yours.
7. [So Long] Suckers
- EVERYBODY'S FAVORITE: One package includes 240 individually wrapped Chupa Chups mini lollipop suckers.
- FOREVER FUN: Assortment of 5 delicious flavors Strawberry, Orange, Cherry fruit lollipops and Strawberry & Cream and Choco-Vanilla creamy flavors.
- SWEET TREAT: Low calorie and fat free
- FREEDOM: Peanut and gluten free
- ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE: Chupa Chups premium lollipop stick won't fall apart in your mouth, letting you enjoy your lollipop sucker until the end
I mean, you’re totally going to miss everyone from school, right? Nevertheless, say “see ya later!” by having a bowl of suckers for some sucker- I mean your friends.
8. Reese’s Peanut Butter Caps
- Contains one (1) 35.6-ounce party bag of REESE'S Miniatures Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups Candy
- Smooth peanut butter and rich milk chocolate cups are the perfect bite-size treat and dessert topping for birthday parties, friend gatherings and nights at home with the family
- REESE'S Miniatures Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups bulk candies are kosher, gluten free and individually wrapped in a party pack, big enough to share with everyone you love
- Perfect for graduations, back to school preparation and birthday parties
- Spooky handmade Halloween treats never looked so tasty and candy bags never looked so delicious with REESE'S Miniatures Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups Candy inside
Create your real-life graduation cap by using Reese’s mini cups! They can be a bit time consuming, but so was Calculus, am I right?
9. Clever Candy Bar
Who doesn’t love puns and candy?! Set up a few bowls of candy and put on labels like “Smarty Pants” for Smarties or “Teacher’s Pet” with animal crackers.
10. Parfait Party
- 2 piece Stemmed Plastic Martini Glasses
- Great For Desserts, Martinis, Mousse Cups
- Perfect for weddings, birthdays parties and more
- Disposable - Clean up is a breeze
- Budget friendly
In the wise words of Donkey from Shrek, “Everybody loves parfaits!” These cute little party favors will get everyone talking – not to mention they are super fun to make!
11. Here’s A Bright Idea
Fill up these cute light bulbs with M&Ms or similar small candies. This is the perfect graduation party food ideas to give your guests a kick out of your bright idea.
12. Sandwich Bar
- SERVING PLATES FOR ALL OCCASIONS: Casual lunches at home or fancy evening dinner parties, our plates are perfect for serving all types of meals and treats to your family and guests.
- TRENDY & STYLISH PLATTERS: A classic elegant white design will match any décor and fit right in to you kitchen or dining room table. Its neutral design will go with any table setting or dinnerware.
- HIGH QUALITY PORCELAIN: This tough serving tray set is made to last. These dishes will endure excessive use day after day, and will not shatter, break or chip easily.
- MICROWAVABLE & DISHWASHER SAFE: Our rectangular serving platters can be cleaned easily and safely in the dishwasher, and you can use it directly in the microwave.
- A LOVELY GIFT: Looking for a housewarming, birthday, holiday, wedding, or host & hostess present? This platter set makes for a great gift
Who could ever turn down a homemade sandwich? Lay out options like croissants and bagels instead of just hoagie rolls and spreads like tuna or chicken salad to make things different.
13. Apps Are Where It’s At
Not looking to please the crowd with a rack of ribs? Go for a bunch of little appetizers to feed your guests, but also out of your place ASAP.
14. Popcorn for Days
Want the whole house and block smelling like popcorn? Get a bucket or two full of popcorn with sides like marshmallows, candy, or even nacho cheese as toppings and let the good times roll.
We saved the best for last because – duh, it’s cupcakes! Add a candied version of your hat and tassel on top to add the “I have my diploma” effect.
Out of all of the graduation party food ideas these are definitely a staple you must include!
This post showed you 15 delicious graduation party food ideas! Like it? Share it!