The Best Resources for College Students & Bloggers
In case you ever wondered what tools I’ve used for my blog or need recommendations on things like how to save money online – this is your one stop shop! Be sure to subscribe below to get access to my free resource library!
*A few of these links are affiliate links, which means I may get a small commission at no cost to you. As always I don’t recommend what I haven’t used and loved myself. For more info, read my affiliate disclosure.
This is honestly a life (and money and time) saver! You probably use Amazon prime anyway but did you know that you can get a 6-month free trial with by verifying your student email? I literally had a friend who was paying the full price because he didn’t know. Don’t be like him, save your hard earned money!
Plus, when your trial expires it’s only half price! Who doesn’t love 2-day shipping at half the price?
You guys, I absolutely love Audible! This is the main way I read (or listen to) the books I recommend in my best books for personal development list. I realized that as a college student it can be hard for me to find time to read a book outside of classes, blogging, work, etc. So I use Audible to listen to the books I want to read while I do simple everyday tasks like walk to class, relax in bed, take the train, or when I drive.
It makes my goal of reading more books a lot easier because I don’t have to physically pick up a book and read it. You can start a free trial and get two audiobooks for free!
- Usually, one of the cheaper options when it comes to renting textbooks (as you’ll see on Slugbooks)
- FAST SHIPPING: the biggest plus is that you get 2-day shipping. Great if you tend to wait last minute to see if you really need a textbook like I do.
- P.S: You can also sell your textbooks on Amazon!
- A cheaper alternative to Amazon Rental (sometimes) to get textbooks
- Con: doesn’t ship as fast as Amazon (duh)
- They also have tutoring and supplemental study material but I haven’t used that aspect of it yet.
- I’ve been using Grammarly for about 2 years now and I swear by it! Sometimes we miss the little typos and grammar errors we make when typing papers or typing in general – Grammarly fixes that!
- I use Grammarly for school and for my blog! After I read over and use spellcheck, I review my work with Grammarly for other errors that may have been omitted. Check it out here.
Getting Around / Transportation
- You already know. Use my Uber referral link or code “sensic” for $5 off your first ride.
- Usually better quality than Lyft (in my opinion/location)
- Yet another option to get around if you don’t have a car.
- Use my Lyft code or code “sensi333808” for a $10 ride credit!
- The “Uber for groceries” – basically your own shopping assistant for groceries that delivers them to your door (or dorm in my case)
- Usually has great deals on items and the in-store discounts are included.
- My holy grail and enabler for my laziness when it comes to grocery shopping
- Use my referral link for $10 off your first order. Try not to get addicted.
I’d also recommend subscribing to my newsletter for access to my Free Resource Library for my readers! This includes college checklists, shopping lists, spring break tips, study habits for a 4.0 GPA and more! It’s also updated periodically so you don’t want to miss out!
Saving Money + Travel Affordably
- Ebates is a platform that gives you cash back on online and in-store purchases at hundreds of stores that you already shop at!
- Seriously, like if you want to shop at Sephora for example, you just click on the cashback deal through their website and shop as normal. When you make a purchase, they give you cash back on the amount you spent. And you already shop there anyway so why not earn cash back?
- With my Ebates referral link, you can get an extra $10 in cash back after you spend your first $25 at any store on Ebates!
- Great alternative to staying at hotels (which can get pricey!) when you travel.
- Very affordable rooms, houses, and condos available for booking during your trip.
- With my Airbnb referral link, you save $40 off your first booking!
- The ultimate resource for finding student discounts at your favorite store! This includes brands like Apple, Best Buy, Microsoft, Asos, Colourpop, Adidas and LOTS MORE!
- There are also discounts on travel stores to help with cutting costs on spring break, and summer trips!
- You can sign up here.
Top College Posts You Don’t Want to Miss:
Click here for more popular college posts!
Haven’t started a blog yet? Take my Free 6-Day email course on How to Start a Money Making Blog in College!
Here’s a preview of what you’ll learn:
- Day 1 – How to create your blog
- Day 2 – How to grow your email list
- Day 3 – How to make money blogging
- Day 4 – How to get tons of traffic to your blog
- Day 5 – The BEST resources for blogging
- Day 6 – How to have a successful blog
Super affordable: Only $3.95/month. Get started here.
- EXCELLENT customer service: no really, when I struggled to set up my domain with hosting (because I used two different services) they literally did everything for me. All I had to do was ask
- Easy installation and navigation. Read my review + how to start a WordPress blog with Siteground.
- Hassle free: literally set it up and forget about it. I’ve never had any problems with them
- I use depositphotos to get my stock images for my pins. I’ve seen such a drastic improvement in my analytics ever since I started!
- Paid stock photos tend to perform better on Pinterest
- No minimum requirement for views, great for new bloggers
- Easy to get started with
- Payment threshold: $100
Increase Blog Traffic
- You NEED this if you have a blog to track your traffic
- Use to identify successful sources of traffic
- Great for seeing most popular posts to get inspired for new content
- The BEST tool for increasing traffic to your blog from Pinterest (I gained 2000 page views and 60,000 views on Pinterest in my first 2 weeks!)
- Sign up for a free trial here! It’ll be the best decision you ever make to grow your blog traffic.
- For an in-depth review and guide on how you can get the same results, click to learn How I went from 200 to 100,000 page views on Pinterest in one month!
- If there was ONE social media platform you NEEDED to get more traffic it would be Pinterest!
- This guide does a great job of explaining the strategies for using Pinterest to gain traffic: How I get 2 Million Monthly Pinterest Views: How to Get Traffic from Pinterest
This is hands down one of the best investments I’ve ever made in my blog! Because of this ebook, not only did my traffic skyrocket, but it helped decrease my bounce rate and keep readers on my blog! This ebook is severely underpriced if you ask me. It’s the most information I’ve ever gotten in any course that I’ve invested in. Lena (the author) gives so much information and practical examples and case studies of the proven strategies she uses to get over 400,000 monthly views to her blog! I would highly recommend investing in Traffic Transformation!
Another amazing course that is jampacked with useful and practical information on how to get thousands of views to your blog using Pinterest. In just 2 weeks of implementing Carly’s (author) strategies, my Pinterest views increased by 250,000 and blog views by 8000!!! In all the hours I’ve spent researching how to master Pinterest, I’ve never learned the information provided in this course. I would highly recommend it to put your blog on the fast track for success. If you want to learn how to get thousands of monthly views on your blog you need this course!
Email Marketing Campaign
- GREAT for easy opt-in forms you can place within blog posts for convenient sign-ups to your email list
- A very user-friendly platform that automates your email sequences easily. Click here to read my review.
- Better chance of delivery to your subscribers’ inbox (vs going to spam)
- Use my referral link for a free 14-day trial!
If you’re still trying to decide between 3 of the most popular email marketing tools – Converkit, Mailchimp, and MailMunch – read my email marketing tools review of all three to decide which is best for you.
WhatTheFont: Use to find the name of fonts from images on the web
Pin this page for later!