The Best Resources for College Students & Bloggers
In case you ever wondered what tools I’ve used for my blog or need recommendations on things like how to save money online – this is your one stop shop! Be sure to subscribe below to get access to my free resource library!
*A few of these links are affiliate links, which means I may get a small commission at no cost to you. As always I don’t recommend what I haven’t used and loved myself. For more info, read my affiliate disclosure.
P.S. If you haven’t already read my Ultimate College Guide or College Dorm Shopping Guide, you’re missing out! You can learn more about how I use some of the tools listed below in these posts.
Amazon Prime Student
This is honestly a life (and money and time) saver! You probably use Amazon prime anyway but did you know that you can get a 6-month free trial with by verifying your student email? I literally had a friend who was paying the full price because he didn’t know. Don’t be like him, save your hard earned money!
Plus, when your trial expires it’s only half price! Who doesn’t love 2-day shipping at half the price?
You guys, I absolutely love Audible! This is the main way I read (or listen to) the books I recommend in my best books for personal development list. I realized that as a college student it can be hard for me to find time to read a book outside of classes, blogging, work, etc. So I use Audible to listen to the books I want to read while I do simple everyday tasks like walk to class, relax in bed, take the train, or when I drive.
It makes my goal of reading more books a lot easier because I don’t have to physically pick up a book and read it. You can start a free trial and get two audiobooks for free!
- Usually, one of the cheaper options when it comes to renting textbooks (as you’ll see on Slugbooks)
- FAST SHIPPING: the biggest plus is that you get 2-day shipping. Great if you tend to wait last minute to see if you really need a textbook like I do.
- P.S: You can also sell your textbooks on Amazon!
- A cheaper alternative to Amazon Rental (sometimes) to get textbooks
- Con: doesn’t ship as fast as Amazon (duh)
- They also have tutoring and supplemental study material but I haven’t used that aspect of it yet.
- I’ve been using Grammarly for about 2 years now and I swear by it! Sometimes we miss the little typos and grammar errors we make when typing papers or typing in general – Grammarly fixes that!
- I use Grammarly for school and for my blog! After I read over and use spellcheck, I review my work with Grammarly for other errors that may have been omitted. Check it out here.
Getting Around / Transportation
- You already know. Use my Uber referral link or code “sensic” for $5 off your first ride.
- Usually better quality than Lyft (in my opinion/location)
- Yet another option to get around if you don’t have a car.
- Use my Lyft code or code “sensi333808” for a $10 ride credit!
- The “Uber for groceries” – basically your own shopping assistant for groceries that delivers them to your door (or dorm in my case)
- Usually has great deals on items and the in-store discounts are included.
- My holy grail and enabler for my laziness when it comes to grocery shopping
- Use my referral link for $10 off your first order. Try not to get addicted.
I’d also recommend subscribing to my newsletter for access to my Free Resource Library for my readers! This includes college checklists, shopping lists, spring break tips, study habits for a 4.0 GPA and more! It’s also updated periodically so you don’t want to miss out!
Saving Money + Travel Affordably
One of the best things I could ever recommend to you, to be honest.
- Ebates is a platform that gives you cash back on online and in-store purchases at hundreds of stores that you already shop at!
- Seriously, like if you want to shop at Sephora for example, you just click on the cashback deal through their website and shop as normal. When you make a purchase, they give you cash back on the amount you spent. And you already shop there anyway so why not earn cash back?
- With my Ebates referral link, you can get an extra $10 in cash back after you spend your first $25 at any store on Ebates!
- Great alternative to staying at hotels (which can get pricey!) when you travel.
- Very affordable rooms, houses, and condos available for booking during your trip.
- With my Airbnb referral link, you save $40 off your first booking!
- The ultimate resource for finding student discounts at your favorite store! This includes brands like Apple, Best Buy, Microsoft, Asos, Colourpop, Adidas and LOTS MORE!
- There are also discounts on travel stores to help with cutting costs on spring break, and summer trips!
- You can sign up here.
Top College Posts You Don’t Want to Miss:
30 Must-Haves for the Best College Dorm Room
The Ultimate Guide to be a Successful College Student
Everything You Ever Wanted to know about being a Successful College Student
10 Things Incoming Freshmen Should Do in The Summer Before College
Click here for more popular college posts!