In case you ever wondered what tools I’ve used for my blog or need recommendations on things like how to save money online – this is your one stop shop! Be sure to subscribe below to get access to my free resource library!
*A few of these links are affiliate links, which means I may get a small commission at no cost to you. As always I don’t recommend what I haven’t used and loved myself. Read more here.
- Very popular among bloggers
- Easy to set up and customize with various themes (including themes from external sources)
- Enables plugins which are very useful for bloggers
- Current theme I’m using for my blog: Venture
- Beautifully designed (& responsive) themes
- GREAT customer service: quick and helpful responses
Super affordable: Normally $3.95/month. Get started here.
- EXCELLENT customer service: no really, when I struggled to set up my domain with hosting (because I used two different services) they literally did everything for me. All I had to do was ask
- Easy installation and navigation
- Hassle free: literally set it up and forget about it. I’ve never had any problems with them
- BONUS: if you’re a college student looking to start a blog they also offer a student discount for their plans.
- Yoast SEO: best plugin for optimizing your website for search engines
- Grammarly: use to automatically perform spell checks and grammar reviews as you write. As a blogger, you NEED this. I use this for all writing, including emails, and I’ve been using it for about 2 years now.
- Smush: great for reducing image size for faster load times without reducing the quality of your images
- WP Autoterms: use to generate your legal disclaimers and privacy policies, etc
- Shareaholic: use to get a free floating share buttons on your website to make it easy for your readers to share your content!
- FREE graphic design tool for social media apps, flyers, and more!
- Hundreds of layouts for designing all your graphic needs
- Paid version offers extra features + branding set up for consistent graphics
- Both offer thousands of FREE stock images
- Pictures can be used for both commercial and non-commercial uses
- Attribution is not required, but it is appreciated
- No minimum requirement for views, great for new bloggers
- Easy to get started with
- Payment threshold: $100
- If you use my referral link, you get a bonus of 10% on top of your regular earnings for 3 months!
- Another great alternative to Google Adsense (can also work alongside Adsense)
- No minimum traffic requirement needed to join
Increase Blog Traffic
- You NEED this if you have a blog to track your traffic
- Use to identify successful sources of traffic
- Great for seeing most popular posts to get inspired for new content
- The BEST tool for increasing traffic to your blog from Pinterest (I gained 2000 page views and 60,000 views on Pinterest in my first 2 weeks!)
- Sign up for a free trial here! It’ll be the best decision you ever make to grow your blog traffic.
- If there was ONE social media platform you NEEDED to get more traffic it would be Pinterest!
- This guide does a great job of explaining the strategies for using Pinterest to gain traffic: How I get 2 Million Monthly Pinterest Views: How to Get Traffic from Pinterest
Email Marketing Campaign
- GREAT for easy opt-in forms you can place within blog posts for convenient sign-ups to your email list
- A very user-friendly platform that automates your email sequences easily
- Better chance of delivery to your subscribers’ inbox (vs going to spam)
- Use my referral link for a free 14-day trial!
- Great FREE option for email marketing (up to 2000 subscribers and 12,000 emails per month)
- Creative design templates for your emails and landing pages
WhatTheFont: Use to find the name of fonts from images on the web
Want more suggestions?