This post is all about spring break tips for packing, safety tips, spring break essentials for your trip, tips for saving money on spring break, and more.
Planning your spring break trip to have the best experience possible can be a lot of work. You have to figure out where to go, what to do, what to get, and what to pack for your trip. Then you have to figure out how to do all of this on a budget!
Trying to finalize what to pack for spring break can be a headache in itself. Especially if you’re a hoarder like me, who thinks it’s better to pack everything so you’ll have something in case you need it.
In this post, I’m going to help you solve these problems.
You also get a free spring break packing list!
*Affiliate links are used in this post, love. You can read my full disclaimer here. Thanks for your support! 🙂
Spring Break Safety Tips
Don’t get separated from your friends – if you’re traveling to a new country/state or any location you’re not familiar with, stick close to your friends! Do activities in groups ensuring that you all arrive and leave together. It’s also best to go to the bathroom in groups.
Practice safe drinking – know your limits with alcohol. Don’t drink excessively and never leave your drink unattended! If you happen to do this, get another drink. It’s always better to be safe than sorry. Also, do not accept any drinks from people you don’t know and make sure you pay attention to your drink when it’s being poured (if possible).
Keep your belongings safe – this is crucial for important documents like your passport, debit/credit cards, and ID cards. The last thing you want is to lose one of these or be a victim of fraud.
Memorize 1-3 important phone numbers – in the unfortunate event that you lose your phone; you’ll want to make sure you know a few important numbers you could call from someone’s cell. I’d recommend a parent and at least one number of someone accompanying you on the trip.
Carry cash – if you’re like me, you hate carrying cash. However, sometimes it’s best to use cash in certain places. That way you don’t risk your credit card number getting stolen, or you have another way to pay at places that don’t accept cards.
Make sure your phone is always charged! – Keep your phone charged at all times! Charge it in the car if you’re taking a road trip, or on the plane, if you’re flying. As soon as you get to your hotel/Airbnb in between excursions, charge your phone. The last thing you want is to have a dead phone during an emergency. Carry a Portable Charger 10000mAh Power Bank External Battery Backup Pack BENANNA Slim Compatible iPhone X XS XR Max 8 7 6 5 Plus iPad Android Cell Phone Galaxy Note LG Gopro - Rose Gold Pink if you think you won’t have enough time to charge it at your hotel. I use No products found.” title= this one], and it gives me at least 3 full charges before I have to charge the battery myself.
For more tips on how to be safe on spring break, read this article.
8 Must-Haves for Spring Break this year
- iPhone And Micro USB Dual Input Port DC 5V 2A,Output DC 5V 2.1A Max 10000 mAh External Battery Pack
- Fast Speed Charging ULTRA Slim Aviation Aluminum Alloy Body Portable Anti-Fingerprints Design Size: 5.5x2.9x0.5 Inch Weight: 9.1oz
- PROVIDED 1x 10000mAh Portable charger, 1x Mcro USB Cable,1x User Manual With Worry Free 24-Month Product Replacement Warranty
- GRADE A + High Compact Premium Li-Polymer Cell Multi Protect Smart Safety System Ensures Complete Protection For Portable Charger And Your Devices
- POWER BANK Compatible With iPhone X,XR,XS,Max,8,7,6,5,4,Plus,Se,6s,iPad,mini,iPod Google Android Wireless Mobile Phone Samsung Galaxy S9,S8,S7,S6,S5,S4,J7 Note,Edge,LG,Nexus,Sony Xperia Z5,Htc One,xiaomi huawei Zte Tablet Bluetooth Speaker Wireless Smartphone Telephone Nintendo Switch Gopro Headset kindle MP3, MP4 Player Etc,Allowed To Travel On Plane And International Use【 Not included Wall Adapter iPhone Cable And USB-C Cable 】
Imagine you’re at the beach or at a restaurant taking selfies with your friends on spring break and your phone dies! It’s a big pain in the butt when your phone dies or your battery gets low when you’re out. Get a portable charger to prevent that from happening while you’re making memories with your friends. I use this one from Benanna, and it gives me at least 3 full charges on my phone before I have to recharge it!
- 【WATERPROOF PHONE CASE MATERIAL】：Full transparent front and back windows.Frosted edge.Good for taking pictures.Video, etc., no occlusion.
- 【TYPE OF PHONE USED】：The waterproof phone pouch used for all smartphone iPhone 12/11 Pro/11 Max/XR/SE/XS/8 7 6S Plus, Samsung Galaxy, and Other Phones Up to 6.9''.
- 【SAFETY LOCK SETTING】:Two switches on the diving phone case top left and right to open and close the phone case.Keep out water, snow, dust, sand, etc.
- 【USING THE ENVIRONMENT】:Rafting, diving, swimming, surfing and skiing, taking photos in the rain, camping, etc.
- 【SAFETY】: Before the first use, please use paper and other absorbent items instead, soak for 5 minutes, if there is no water.Then put in the phone to use.
If you’re headed to the beach, your best bet is to get a waterproof phone case. The great thing about this one is that you can also use it underwater to take pictures and videos!
- SUPERIOR QUALITY: The flat sandals are made with leather lining and suede upper and rubber sole with non-slip Lines. Even if your feet sweat, you won't slip out of your sandals which provides the most comfortable experience for your feet.
- FASHION TRENDS: Rekayla women shoes are new high-quality lace-up sandals, open toe design with a unique flannel strap make this shoe a relaxed fit with a refined look. These comfortable, minimalist and stylish sandals are a perfect addition to your closet.
- PREFECT FOR SUMMER: The sandal is a must-have item for the summer season.Anti-sliding, easy to carry. Ease foot pain, more suitable for long time walking.
- BEST MATCH TIPS: You can wear the fashionable flat sandals with all kinds of pants, skirts and dresses,perfect for beach, holiday, dress and many other occasions.
- ✔WARM TIPS: There are any quality issues or other issues can be contacted through the Amazon email us. So that we can refund or exchange for you ASAP.
A cute pair of sandals is a must for your spring break vacation. These are great because they’re neutral so you could pair it with lots of different outfits!
- Takes 2 AA batteries
- New selfie mirror; Picture size: 62 x 46 millimeter and shutter speed 1 per 60 seconds (fixed), the flash always fire
- New macro lens adapter for close ups 35 centimeters to 50 centimeters
- Automatic exposure measurement; The camera signals the recommended aperture setting with a flashing LED; This helps capture the perfect photo every time; Effective flash range: 0.6 meter 2.7 meter
- High key mode takes brighter pictures with a soft look perfect for portraits; Focusing: 0.6 meter
The great thing about the Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 Instant Camera is that you get your pictures right away so you can hang up your memories when you get back from your trip.
No products found.
- HIGH-DEFINITION UV400 TAC POLARIZED LENSES – SojoS's HD TAC polarized lenses can filter out sunlight reflected glare, and protect your eyes from long-term damage by blocking harmful UVA and UVB rays.
- ULTRA-LIGHT AND ULTRA-THIN FRAMES – These SojoS round polarized sunglasses are made of ultra-thin stainless steel materials, so the frames are super light but very strong. These weights are only 40 grams(0.09 pounds), so you will feel very comfortable and no pressure on your nose.
- PERFECT ALL ROUNDER – These SojoS fashion sunglasses are the perfect choice for outdoor sports and activities such as taking selfies, shopping, driving, traveling, and are suitable as a high fashion accessory and daily wear all year round.
- PRODUCT DIMENSION – Lens Width: 51mm(2.01inches) | Lens Height: 46mm(1.81inches) | Temple Length: 144mm(5.67inches) | Nose Bridge: 19mm(0.75inches).
- GIFT IDEAS PACKAGE – Sunglasses*1, microfiber pouch*1, microfiber glasses cleaning cloth*1, glasses box*1. It is also a gift packaged ready, making it a wonderful yet practical gift idea for friends and family!
Sunglasses are an absolute spring break essential! Click on either picture to view each item.
- ORIGINAL SPF 30 SUNSCREEN LOTION . This is the stuff we use every day. It’s the formula that started it all. People say it smells like summer. We like that. Whether we’re spending a lazy day at the beach or just hangin’ out, our Original formula is definitely our fav.
- MOISTURIZING SUN PROTECTION. Dermatologist and Sonny approved, this non-comedogenic sunscreen delivers UVA/UVB protection and is packed with Vitamin E. Our oil-free, water-resistant and reef friendly SPF 30 Lotion is great for all skin types.
- HOW TO USE. 15 minutes before sun exposure, apply liberally to all areas of the skin and avoid the eye area. For best results, reapply after 80 minutes of swimming or sweating. Sonny’s Tip: Apply every 2 hours for maximum sun protection.
- PROTECT YOUR SKIN. The key to practicing safe sun is to protect and moisturize your skin. Our Original Sunscreen line is Hypoallergenic and Oxybenzone, Octinoxate, Gluten, Cruelty and Paraben Free to ensure a fun day in the sun.
- TRUST THE BUM. What does that mean? It means trust us, the ones who live on the beach and need products that work on the most intense days in the sun. The simple truth is, when you make products to protect the ones you love, you make ‘em better.
If there is one thing you should definitely take with you on your spring break vacation it’s sunscreen!
- Material: Chiffon with Lace
- High quality soft fabric, comfy to dress up
- Fits approx.S-XL size
- Easy to match up, perfect for Beach
A bikini cover-up is an absolute staple for spring break!
- 300D Oxford Cloth, Water-resistant & Durable.
- Size(Length*Width*Height): 9.4"*7.9"*3.5".
- Removable partition, mesh pockets, zipper closure with handle.
- Foldable and enough capacity to store daily cosmtics, great for travel use.
Your makeup (aka your baby) needs a comfortable place to stay for spring break too! A smaller travel-size makeup bag is a great way to take your makeup with you without having it all over the place.
Spring Break Tips for Packing
Pack light and pack SMART
1. Don’t take your entire wardrobe! Plan your outfits instead
Instead of throwing a bunch of clothes into your suitcase because you think you might need it, try this instead. Layout some clothes on your bed and start pairing them to make outfits. Plan your outfits BEFORE you pack, so you pack just what you need!
2. Pack clothes that can be mix and matched
Don’t pack too many things that stand out by themselves and can’t be worn with your other items. Pack neutral colors and clothes like shorts and tank tops that can be switched up and paired with other items to make a completely different outfit! This will save on time and space in your suitcase.
3. Roll your clothes instead of folding them
Rolling clothes up takes up less space, so it gives you more room to pack the things you need.
4. Keep your itinerary in mind
Have your itinerary in mind so you know what types of outfits are best for the activities you’ll be doing. You don’t want to pack a bunch of jeans and heels if you’re going to be at the beach all day. Pack for your plans!
Spring Break Packing List
Spring Break Tips for Saving Money
How to Get Cash Back on Spring Break – this app gives you cash back at over 2500 stores. Learn how you can get cash back while booking your trip and while spending money on your vacation!
11 Insanely Easy Ways to Save Money in College – this post has some great tips and resources on how to save money that you can use for your spring break trip.